Yaffa Anavi-Shauli was born with the birth of the state. She graduated with a B.A. degree in Education and Bible and studied art at collage. She was a teacher and an educator for thirty two years and started painting after she retired.
Graduate of the Levinsky Teachers Collage, Tel-Aviv.
B.Ed. in Education and Bible, Talpiyot Collage.
Studied Art History in the Talpiyot Collage.
Studied at the studios of:
Soli Levi, Edwin Solomon, Hava Raucher, Meira Ohad, Itamar Siani, Moshe Rosentalis.
Since 2000, a member of the Painters and Sculptors Association, Holon.
A member of "Color in Nature" group.
- 2001 Gallery of Art, Beit Meirov.
- 2001 Rothschild Street, Tel Aviv.
- 2001 Bitan Aharon, Emek Hefer.
- 2001 "Olive tree Leaves" – Visual gallery on www.startron.co.il
- 2003 France – Group exhibition in Suresnes.
- 2003 "Kastra", Haifa.
- 2003 The Bible Museum, Tel Aviv
- 2003 The Botanic Gardens, Tel Aviv University.
- 2001 Poland – Group exhibition in Krakow.
- 2005 Holon Theater.
- 2006 Gallery of Art, Beit Meirov.
- 2007 "Psagot" Center, Holon.
- 2008 "The Stienberg Center", Holon.
- 2009 "Enav" Center, Tel Aviv.
- 2002 Beit Rishonim, Givataim.
- 2003 Tapuach Pais, Or Yehuda.
- 2004 Azrieli Towers, Tel Aviv.
- 2006 The Bible Museum, Tel Aviv.
- 2009 "Nature Phenomeno",
Horace Richter Gallery, Jaffa.
The colors – they are the ones that strike you as you observe Yaffas paintings. The expressive fauvist colors are intense colors that convey strong feelings and her love for nature.
The movements of the brushes – strong and fast, convey temperamental emotions. Yaffa uses personal codes to the landscapes in her imagination and creates colorful, fascinating and captivating motion.
The sceneries are of the homeland landscapes. Those are sceneries of love, the love of Israel. Every strike of the brush declares admiration of the beloved sights. When you observe the sceneries on Yaffa's canvas you might erroneously take her for being born and raised on a kibbutz or moshav rather than a painter who grew up in the city. Where are the city sights? Why do you see only countryside landscapes of mountains and trees with green slopes and Cypress trees? These are the landscapes of a declaration of love by a native to her country. In her paintings, Yaffa wants to burn into her memory this beautiful and good country before it changes and disappears together with those enchanting and beloved sceneries.
With vivid colors, the strikes of the brushes and the hillsides and with the Cypress trees, Yaffa assembles a picturesque dictionary of that same homeland landscape, allowing us to breathe it again, listen to the wind blowing between the trees branches and remember that beyond those city buildings and asphalt roads - a different country awaits for us to stroll its paths and keep our love for it.
A Lecturer, curator and Art History PhD student